Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all DOT regulations and safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload
at customer site. Operate trucks to pick up and deliver products, supplies and equipment to and from organization, supplier and customer
sites. Duties may involve complex pickups and deliveries, e.g., night deliveries, transport of dangerous and hazardous materials.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
Delivers products to customers which may include assistance with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc. Serves
as primary interface with the customer at point of delivery. Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery location.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and HD Supply
policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck as
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and bill
of ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at customer’s site.
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking all
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Education and Experience